Kerry experts to speak at 18th World Congress of Food Science and Technology
Tuesday 16 August, 2016
As platinum sponsor of the 18th World Congress of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST 2016) held in Dublin 21-25 August, Kerry will be represented at the event by seven of the world’s leading speakers in the area of food and beverage nutrition.
Covering highly relevant topics from the complexity of reducing sugar, salt and fat without compromising taste; to shining a spotlight on optimising immune, digestive and muscle health across all life stages; each speaker will bring unique and expert opinion to each of their subject matters.
In addition to these world leading experts, delegates at IUFoST 2016 will have the opportunity to taste an array of nutritionally optimised foods at the Kerry stand, #C8, during the event, as well as learn about some bespoke nutrition solutions, products and technologies.
“Our platinum sponsorship of IUFoST 2016 is a perfect fit for Kerry,” said Albert McQuaid, PhD, Chief Innovation Officer at Kerry. “It further demonstrates our understanding of and commitment to the science of taste and nutrition. We are leveraging relevant internal and external subject matter experts, including two members of our Scientific Advisory Council to speak on Kerry’s behalf. The proximity to our Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Naas, which opened last year, also allows enhanced engagement with customers attending the Congress.”
Highlights at the event include:
- Expert Panel Discussion, ‘Action for Progress’, featuring Satya Jonnalagadda, PhD, MBA, RD, Director of Global Nutrition at Kerry, from 3:30 - 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 21
- Hot Topic hosted by Kerry, ‘Too Much of a Tasty Thing – Where Have the Excesses of Salt, Sugar and Fat Consumption Left Us?’, from 9:30 - 10:55 a.m., Monday, Aug. 22. This session includes:
- Global Public Health Challenges – Opportunities Through Innovation, Evidence-based Research and Effective Communications by Roger A. Clemens, DrPH, CFS, CNS, FIFT, FACN, FIAFST, Executive Vice President of PolyScience Consulting, and chief scientist for Daedalus Humanitarian
- How Fat is Sensed in the Mouth and Contributes to the Pleasantness of Food by Edmund T. Rolls, Professor at the Oxford Centre for Computational Neuroscience and Professor in Computational Neuroscience at the University of Warwick
- Taste Innovation – Latest Challenges to Help Address Consumer Needs by Ryan Ponquett, MS, VP of Taste and Innovation for Kerry EMEA
- Special Kerry lunchtime symposium, ‘From Infants to Golden Oldies: How Can We Optimise Muscle, Digestive and Immune Health?’, chaired by Satya Jonnalagadda from 12:55 - 2 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 24, in the Lansdowne room. This session features:
- Immune Health Across the Life Stages – the Role of Protein Nutrition by Christine Loscher, PhD, Associate Professor of Immunology at Dublin City University
- Muscle Health Across the Life Stages – Role of Protein Nutrition by Professor Phil Jakeman, Professor of Exercise Sciences at University of Limerick
- Forging New Frontiers in Product Development – Where Taste Meets Nutrition by Declan Goode, PhD, Research Development and Applications Director, Kerry
Delegates are invited to continue the conversation on the themes of Taste Innovation, Immunity Support, Clean Label and the Future of Food Sustainability at the Kerry booth (C8). A team of R&D, marketing and innovation chefs will be on hand to inform delegates about their latest innovations, discuss the science behind their products and offer samples of unique and tasty food creations. So whether visitors are interested in new textures, tastes or flavours, or in developing healthier, safer and more delicious alternatives, the team will be there to assist.
Regarded as one of the premier global food science and technology conferences, IUFoST 2016 is expected to draw 2,000 thought leaders from the fields of food science, academic research, governmental agencies and the food industry. The goal of the congress is to collaborate on the latest developments in food science, creating a platform to promote scientific advances in the production of nutritious, wholesome, safe and quality food and beverage.
To learn more visit the IUFoST 2016 website.